Saturday, June 23, 2012

Run, run, run



I've been running off and on for about six years. I really can't say I'm any better at it than when I started, but I still love it. My body was not built for running, so I'm proud of what it manages to do anyway.

I love the strength in my calves, and the slimming of my thighs that happens if I do it consistently enough. I love the feeling of flying down a hill. I love the slowly increasing endurance and even the slightly sick feeling in my stomach when I'm pushing myself just outside of my comfort zone. I love the feeling of power.

I love the endorphins ;)

Mostly I love it as a component of taking care of myself. Going to try to alternate running and the elliptical at the gym as my sources of cardio. Oh, and I almost forgot.

I love the challenge of it.


Some of my favorite running resources/articles
Map My Run - Your best friend for running outside and tracking mileage
Runner's World - Lots of good articles and magazine-style entertainment
Sustainable Running - A cool interview about making a difference while running

Photo credits: sportsyndicator.com, nationalgeographic.com, treckearth.com

No comments:

Post a Comment